Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Six Flags, Seven Grad Students, Two Pumpkin Loaves

My previous post on spiced pumpkin bread was so enthusiastic that it motivated my advisor to request spiced pumpkin bread for breakfast on our lab trip to Six Flags:


Somehow, even amongst all that enthusiasm for this pumpkin spice bread recipe, I managed to neglect to mention how good it makes my house smell. This recipe is definitely right up there with my roast all day meat pie and my rack of lamb in goodness of house smell post-cooking. The smell of this one is kind of weird to have in the house in the summer though, since with major aromatic ingredients of pumpkin, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg it definitely has a distinct fall smell.

Fortunately, delicious knows no season.

We'll be eating this in the van on our way to six flags tomorrow; we'll see whether it can measure up in my lab mates' hearts to the impromptu spelt flour white chocolate griddle cakes I made for our early morning van trip to O'Hare for SPR. I hope it doesn't ruin my appetite for funnel cake! [My appetite for funnel cake being ruined is actually not possible. My appetite for "Demon Nachos", which are apparently "some of the best nachos in the park" on the other hand, may be ruinable.]

3 comments:

Meli said...

i'm gonna have to try and make this. sounds heavenly. and smells like thanksgiving. i love things that make it smell like thanksgiving. :)

Iroquois Pliskin said...

Sweet God, I really love me some pumpkin loaf. Would you say it is possible to make a pumpkin loaf *sandwich* by spreading some delicious cream cheese between two slices of this pumpkin bread?

laz said...

If you will it, dude, it is no dream.

I can't actually do it for you with *this* pumpkin loaf because it is all gone. Success!