Saturday, August 23, 2008

Here comes trouble (and by trouble, I mean cakes)

Obtained in Billings, the following birthday presents from my angelic mom:

One pink ceramic Santoku knife
One CIA Chef's knife
One CIA paring knife
One Wusthof Sharpening Steel (My old faithful cleaver, Blue Ginger, will thank me very soon, assuming I don't cut any of my fingers off while sharpening)
Two CIA platinum / teflon 9 in cake pans
Two CIA platinum / teflon 9 x 13 sheet cake pans (I will never not have a 9 x 13 sheet pan again!)
One hand mixer
One set silicone preparation bowls (red)
One silicone basting brush (I also will never baste a 10$ / lb frenched rack of lamb with a paper towel again)

I feel like there is more but all this paraphenelia is packed in my suitcase atm. I think the even-ness of upcoming circular layer cakes I prepare will be improved by having two even round cake pans (instead of one crappy even cake pan and a pie pan.) My birthday red velvet cakes may be unprecedentedly even!

No comments: