Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving: Game Plan

I'm going to bake the cake and prepare the cranberries today. I can also get the stuffing ready to go into the bird today. Tomorrow I think I will start out with my mis en place at noon, and prep all the ingredients for all the dishes before I start roasting the bird. I should be able to actually prepare the mashed potatoes, salad, and relish tray while the bird is in the oven. The mashed potatoes will have to be last, so they can retain some semblance of warmth by the time I actually serve. Remaining questions:

--How am I going to bake the yams for 50 minutes at 375 when the turkey is cooking at 450? The turkey needs to stand for 30 minutes after it roasts, so maybe I can make the yams and the gravy during that period.

-- How am I going to get serve everything warm all at the same time? How does my mother do it!!!???

No comments: