Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Thanksgiving post is going to be a doosey

I've been spending the morning trying to get the menu worked out for Thanksgiving (and, I admit, being bowled over by how adorable Mr. Monk is), based on my estimate that I will have 9 ish people (as few as six, as many as 10). Last week, I ordered a fat 15 lb Turkey from Ye Olde Meat and Deli Shoppe (it's actually called that), which means my turkey will be 150% the size of Mr. Monk!

Here's what I am thinking of so far:

Relish Tray (cheese plate with olives, pickles)
Grape, Arugula, Endive, and Roquefort Salad
Cranberry Sauce with Port and Tangerine
Brown Sugar Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Artichoke, Sausage, and Parmesean Stuffing
Simple Roast Turkey with Roast Turkey Gravy
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Caramel and Cream Cheese Frosting

GAHHHHH I can't wait! It is going to be so awesome! I'm going to cook all the live long day!

1 comment:

Meli said...

i'm so jealous. ed and i split the holidays between our families so i never get to cook my own thanksgiving anymore. :( your menu sounds fab. do you stuff your bird with stuffing? or do you do make dressing and then stuff it in the turkey once its cooked? or just serve it on the side?