Saturday, January 10, 2009

Who am I kidding, I made pancakes

About 10 minutes after Tweeting "what I want to do: make pancakes. What I'm going to do: pour grape nuts into bowl," I, of course, made pancakes (although I also ended up putting them in the fridge and eating grape nuts instead). By request, here is my pancake recipe-- it's a winner!

Pancakes are better than Grape Nuts

Ingredients

1.5 cups flour
3 tblspns sugar
1.5 tspns baking powder
.5 tsp salt
1.5 cups milk
3 tblspns butter, melted
2 eggs
.5 tsp vanilla (only if you plan to not add bacon.)
.5 cups chocolate chips (also only if you plan to not add bacon)
.5 cups bacon (if you didn't add vanilla or chocolate chips)

Preparation

-- Heat a big, flat skillet on medium
-- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl
-- Mix together butter, eggs, and vanilla in medium bowl
-- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients in the large bowl. The resulting mixture will be lumpy.
-- Mix in your chocolate chips or bacon

-- Melt a little butter in the skillet
-- Ladle a ladleful of the batter onto the skillet. Cook it until bubbles start to show up on the top, about 1.5 minutes. Then flip it and cook it for another minute (until the batter sets). Obviously you can do as many pancakes as you have space for on your skillet all at once.

-- EAT THOSE FUCKING PANCAKES!

No comments: