Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hoisin ginger is the flavor of Love

For Valentine's Day, I gave my Valentine (Mr. Monk) a haircut, scarfed down 2 mostly-icing cupcakes in my car after going to the gym, and made a Hoisin Ginger marinade for some beef strips:


The marinade was super easy to make: I just mixed about 2 Tblspns hoisin, 2 Tblspns soy sauce, a finely chopped scallion, and about a Tblspn diced ginger all together, then covered the beef strips and left them marinating while I took a shower.

If I'm going for "easy," then this is definitely a winner, however if I'm going for "perfect" I think next time I might try a little less ginger, a little more scallion, and some garlic. I might also try a tiny tiny amount of lime juice (for acid!) I think this would also be a big winner as a menstrual dish: It is sweet, salty, and red meaty all at the same time!

I am leaning towards making a caramel sauce for my blue cheese cheesecake (instead of the jalapeno puree.)

5 comments:

Laura said...

I thought I was your valentine!!! ;)

laz said...

hehe you are my valentine but I can't give you a haircut, for various reasons (i.e., proximity, and also your hair is already promised to others ;))

Josh said...

Hey, this is Josh (as in Josh from Third West) -- I found your blog the other day and tonight I made this for dinner. It was tasty!

laz said...

yay I am glad I brought hoisin ginger into someone's life! It is the flavor of loooovveeeeeee!

shally said...

Greeting! What do you think of wow gold? I always lack of wow gold to buy some great item for my char before the wow patch 3.1 and I need to do wow power leveling for the cheapest wow gold or I have to search cheap wow gold on google search. The world changed since the 3.1 patch released. Short of buy wow gold for me wasn't so high frequency now. And I’m curious why this situation happened? The items became cheap? Or we can farm wow gold much easy? Hope someone can give me an answer.