Saturday, June 20, 2009

Salsa #2: Pineapple Avocado Salsa

In what I hope will become a Laz-In-Pittsburgh weekend tradition, I spent the afternoon picking up a boatload of awesome produce at Whole Foods, and turning it into delicious salsa:


This week, pineapple avocado salsa. I like it better than last week's. Last week's salsa used all lime juice for the liquid, this one uses half lime juice, half orange juice, and some olive oil for good measure. Between the orange juice and the substitution of pineapple for mango, this one is a lot sweeter, which I like. I think I've learned that when I make these though, I need to use 2 avocados instead of one, because I always want them to turn out more like guacamole than they do with only 1 avocado.

The Whole Foods prepared aisle bewitches me. I bought sushi, pasta salad, about 100 kinds of cheese, a cupcake, bagels, pita chips, pesto, probably 900 other things that I've already forgotten. Mmmmmmmmmm. I love you, Whole Foods!

No comments: