Monday, July 13, 2009

Spicy *African* Soup

I've decided that in order to expand my high fiber, high protein, low cal repetoire, I am going to go through some of the highly rated low cal recipes on epicurious. Up first: Spicy African Curried Coconut Soup with Chickpeas:


It's pretty bland. Especially for a SPICY AFRICAN soup. It has a jalapeno, AND I doubled the curry, and I still find it bland bland bland. Like it needs more curry, or some lime, or some fish sauce or something. Or some cinnamon. Almost anything! I'm really surprised this had 4 forks on epicurious, usually those guys are ruthless about knocking off forks for bland food.

It's always nice to try a new soup, but I don't think I'll be making this one again. Maybe I'm just spoiled on spicy soups after that pineapple vietnamese soup I made last year. At least this one is very filling and low calorie!

No comments: