Monday, August 3, 2009

French Press!

Williams Sonoma was having a sale this weekend. I bought a canvas knife bag and a French Press. This morning I had my first cup of french pressed decaf verona. Oh man, I don't think I can go back to paper filtered coffee ever. When I drink this french press coffee, I can understand why people like coffee. It's so smooth and flavorful: it doesn't have that horrible bitter burned taste that is so characteristic of your normal drip coffee offering. I put some heavy cream and cinnamon in there and it is a warm, spicy, smooth, flavor carnival! The coffee is so good prepared this way that I think I could actually do with LESS cream for essentially the first time ever.

I'm not sure I'll be sticking with verona though. I attempted to attain decaf gazebo, which is probably my all time favorite coffee, but supposedly starbucks retail stores don't sell that any more (or at least not the one I visited.) The verona smell brought back my 'Bucks days tout suite man, I tell you. I don't really have the coffee palette lingo to describe why I think I will range away from verona next, but I think I might go for sumatra or starbucks house blend next to get a brew with a little stronger bite to it. Or maybe the smell just brings back too many memories!

4 comments:

Iroquois Pliskin said...

french press is key! soo tasty and oily. what it's all about.

here' s a tip! you can made mad delicious iced coffee in your press.
1) add about 1/3 lb of coffee to your press
2) fill with cold water and stir
3) let steep overnight, at least 12 hours.
4) press
5) dilute 1:1 with water when you serve!

it's the best homemade iced coffee I've ever had guatemala works well and gazebo too.

laz said...

zomg I love this iced coffee suggestion I am going to put some in to steep RIGHT NOW.

laz said...

drinking it now. soooooo ggooodddddddddddddd. Thanks, Iroquois!

laz said...

wessssssssss omg this ice coffee + any amount of 2% milk is seriously as delicious as coffee ice cream I am CHUGGING it down wowowowowo!