Monday, September 28, 2009

Fried Doughs I ate in New Mexico: Vol. 1 (of ???)

1. Sopapillas. I think these were the most nicely prepared food that I ate the whole time I was on vacation. We got them when they were still nice and warm, and LM taught me how to fill them with honey instead of just dribbling honey all over the top where it would attach itself to my fingers and never let go.

2. Funnel Cake. I ate a funnel cake while we walked around the State Fair! Today, I am fasting.

3. Navajo Taco. Yeah, so about 2 hours after I ate the funnel cake, I ate a medium pizza sized fry bread covered in beef, cheese, tomatoes, onions, and pinto beans. Testimonial from my still fried-dough tasting mouth "My brain kind of wants a caramel apple, but my body wishes I was dead." The fair stand we got the Navajo taco included meat for FREE instead of charging extra unlike abot 49 of the other 50 Navajo taco stands around it-- knowledge of Navajo taco prices is power!

5 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lemndewabq said...

Oops, that first comment was under my fake commenting name instead of my real one!

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that I've been excitedly waiting for some NM food posts! Yay fried dough!!!!

laz said...

I was wondering who Lisa was! I know 2 people named lisa, and I didn't think either of them knew I was in New Mexico, so I was scared!

Lisa said...

I'm looking forward to some food from Germany posts!! :)

--Laura (not Lisa, in case it shows up that way again!)

Laura said...

Ah, okay, I remembered how to fix the name thing! I never comment on strangers' blogs, but one time I really wanted to, but didn't want to use my real name. Then I couldn't figure out how to change my name back afterwards. But I think I did it!