Sunday, May 2, 2010

Soup's On! (x2)

Perfectin' my chili recipe:



This week I did two giant cans of diced tomatoes, 2 small cans of tomato paste, 2 giant tomatoes, and cube steak instead of hamburger.  I think I finally got enough tomato in it, geez.  I was forced into the cube steak because I forgot to get meat at wf, and it was the only decent soup cut available at the giant eagle.  It's ok, but my chicken sausage / grass fed chuck comb is definitely better.  I also forgot the garlic, probably because I was in a rush to get back to watching ALIAS with mr. monk.  This week I put in FIVE chilis:  3 hot yellow and 2 jalapeno, and I didn't seed any of them, and I think I finally have the heat I want (well, maybe it could use ONE more jalapeno!) 

Love the smell in the house!

No comments: