Recipe from Bakerella
Brownie Pecan Pie
3/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon self-rising flour
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups pecans
1 package brownie mix and ingredients listed on the box
2 frozen deep dish pie shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place brown sugar in a large bowl and work out lumps. Add flour and stir together until the flour disappears.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly until combined.
- Add melted butter. Fold into mixture until it disappears.
- Loosely beat two eggs in a separate bowl and fold into mixture until the eggs disappear.
- Stir in pecans and set aside.
- Prepare brownie batter as instructed on package.
- Remove two frozen pies shells from freezer and divide brownie batter evenly between the two. (Deep dish for fudgy version and regular-size for the brownie version.)
- Spoon pecan pie mixture evenly between the two pie shells.
- Bake fudgy deep dish version for about 40-45 minutes. Place a large sheet of foil across the top of the two pies for the last 10-15 minutes to avoid pie crust from browning too much.
- Bake brownie regular pie shell version for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.