Sunday, December 12, 2010

Chili Season!

The first snow of the year is on the ground in PGH, which means it is chili season!  I kicked it off right this year, with a chili that includes 4 lbs of pork shoulder and one pound of BACON:


This chili is about 95% pork that was fried in bacon grease.  As such, I can eat about 1 tablespoon of it before the stomach clenching begins.  What was I thinking!  Four pounds of pork shoulder is way too much pork shoulder for one person.  WAY TOO MUCH.  This dish is not really a "chili," it's like really, really heavy dip that no one should eat more than 1 tablespoon of.  If I was going to do it again, which I'm not, I would go down to like 1 pound of pork shoulder and put in way more veggies.  

On the plus side, my house smells like bacon, and mr. monk has been FREAKING OUT about since I cracked open the package with the pork in it yesterday.  I think he actually may have been able to eat more of it than me.  

Recipe here, if you want to dare it.

No comments: