Sunday, August 12, 2012

nom nom

Vegan recipes tried this weekend:

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins (Happy Herbivore):  B-
These had a full sugar version and a half sugar version.  I did the full sugar version because I'm menstruating, but they were too sweet.  They were definitely gooey, but weirdly even though they were chocolate colored they tasted kind of like banana and kind of like apple, because the batter was made with bananas and apples.   I ate them all, but I definitely prefer the happy herbivore pumpkin muffins.

Baba Ganouj (epicurious):  A+
After my awesome baba ganouj pita at Whole in the Wall, the binghamton vegan hot spot, I really wanted to try making it myself.  I made a batch with no olive oil, quadruple the recommended amount of garlic, some onion, and some cumin.  WOW.  It's spicy and SO GOOD.  Rich and smooth and awesome.  I LOVE IT.  I only made 1 eggplant worth because I wasn't sure how well it would turn out, but next weekend I think I will make the full 2 eggplant's worth called for by the recipe.  OMFG so good.  I was eating it with a spoon as soon as it came out of the cuisinart.

5 comments:

usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.